It’s easy to set up an online payment gateway with Smarter Payments:
- Contact our local smarterpayments.ca expert to determine the scope of the online solution you need – virtual payments, hosted payment page, ecommerce, invoicing, mobile payments, or a hybrid gateway that includes a customer facing POS terminal for stores or office locations.
- Select the gateway that’s right for you. Top recommendations are Bambora-Worldline, Authorize.net or Converge. Each is affordably priced at $25 per month. Find out more below
- We’ll set up your Paystone merchant account to qualify for our lower Interchange Cost Plus pricing and next business day bank deposits. A typical processing fee would be Interchange/Assessment + 0.40% processing fee and 5 cents per transaction, but your rate will be custom quoted by Smarter Payments and based on your total processing volume could be lower.
- On approval of your merchant account, you will receive your unique gateway credentials and login to start accepting online payments right away. For example: with just a few minutes and a single link, you can add Hosted Payment Checkout to your website; no developer required. Or just enter your customers credit card information in the simple web based virtual terminal to instantly process a secure payment. And our boarding and technical team can walk you through step by step if you need the help.
Send us a quick message using the form and find out how easy it is.Get started today:
Find out more about the top payment gateways –
- Bambora – Worldline A Canadian success story, started as a small startup called Beanstream in Vancouver in 2000, they quickly grew to process 30% of all online payments in Canada. Re-branded Bambora and purchased by the Ingenico Group, they have now become truly worldwide in scope with their recent merger with Worldline. This gateway has the added advantage of offering more than credit card payments with the addition of a Canadian staple -Interac Online, or Apple Pay, plus Electronic Bank Transfers (ETF / ACH network), and batch ETF invoice processing.
- Authorize.net Top tier security and reliability from Authorize.net which is a Visa solution. Process all major credit card brands, plus stack your payment options for more customer choice by adding Paypal. A basic account also includes a customizable invoicing module to enable email invoices with click to pay hosted payments.
- Converge Converge by Elavon has the added benefit of offering true omni-channel functionality: E-Commerce, Back office virtual terminal, Invoicing option, and Mobile payments or instore POS with payment terminal.